Basic terminology guidelines

Тема в разделе 'ALLODS2.EU: General', создана пользователем Traphalet, 14 ноя 2013.

1. Traphalet Фанат А2

Форумные баллы:

Hi there,

I started to play about a month ago, thinking that in time certain aspects of this game will become familiar to me. All the useful topics posted in the russian section of this forum, are.... well in russian, and the translator does about 65% of the job.

What I am interested in, is a glossary with all the abbreviations of the quest items / sets used in the game and the chat, so that we (non-russian speaking players) to have a clue about who's trading what out there.

Is there any russian player willing to cover this info in english ?
  2. tangar Старик-лесовик

Hi ho!

We are working on it. Something already have been translated http://allods2.eu/en/tutorial/startgame/fno/

But its just a beginning. We would really appreciate if you or somebody else could help us with written guides in english. Administration would reward all positive efforts (in-game items/gold).
  3. Traphalet Фанат А2

Форумные баллы:

Hi Tangar, this sounds good.

I did my best at translating the Magic Description section in teh "About Us" tab, since it does not yet have an english version.
    I noticed in the html codes that the EN and RU versions use 2 different 'mountpoints' the EN mountpoint already being translated. So I only translated the content show in the below picture:
    [IMG]

The complete transaltion for this section is in the attached html files.
    Please let me know if this helps and if you'd like me to continue to also translate the Monsters section - since it doesnt have an English version either.

Вложения:

4. Lordark Moderator (Модератор)

Форумные баллы:

If someone will upload list of all of the quest items on the hat i can translate it, but it will be quite a list. There is a thread in russian section of the forum about all of the full's for mage's and warrior's. Maybe we can start there. I would not mind helping out, but there should be a demand for it. As it is quite a job translating all of it for one player.
  5. tangar Старик-лесовик

Traphalet, your material have been posted, thank you :) Check out news page for your credits and also you have now 1000 forum points (you could see them here: http://forum.allods2.eu/index.php?threads/Форумные-баллы-копилка.160/ ). For this points you could get yourself items and useful things at the forum shop ( http://forum.allods2.eu/index.php?threads/Конкурсный-Магазин.164/ - btw, you could translate it too hehe )

Lordark, good idea. When we would have such list in russian, it would be good to have in translated :)

Now we need to translate this materials:

http://allods2.eu/ru/tutorial/startgame/join/
    http://allods2.eu/ru/tutorial/startgame/linux/
    http://allods2.eu/ru/tutorial/articles/dictionary/

We would appreciate if anyone would help us with translation :)
  6. Lordark Moderator (Модератор)

Форумные баллы:

Join:
    1. Download and install "Rage of Mages: Necromancer" (you can download it from FILES section).
    2. Download latest patch (currently 1.21). Also in the FILES section.
    3. Unpack latest patch to directory where you have installed RoM. By default patch will be unpacked to C:\RoM or C:\Allods2; therefore, you will have to change the file path to correct directory.
    4. Compete registration form.
    5. Once you get a confirmation e-mail, click on the link inside e-mail to activate your account.
    6. Create a game login in your Cabinet.
    7. Launch Allods2.exe and select "Server".
    8. Enter your "loging" and "password". Click "OK"
    9. Create "New Character". In the screen where you will be choosing your main skill, you can choose your character's appearance by clicking arrows underneath you character's view.
    10. Choose a map from the list of available easy maps and enjoy the game.
  7. Lordark Moderator (Модератор)

Форумные баллы:

As far as translating dictionary...This dictionary is for Russian speaking players, i think English speaking community can create something similar of their own. Most of the terms are created from English words anyway.

SHOP prices:
    Change forum name: - 1000 pts
    Change game name: - 1000 pts
    Early unban - 500 pts
    Get deleted login back - 5000pts

Game money - 100,000,000. - 100 pts
    Potions - 1 potion is 2.5 pts. Minimum order is 40 potions.
    Full set of Mage's Quest clothing C4 (Each item Body+4 plus some other magical characteristics) - 200 pts
    Full set of Mage's Quest clothing FP (from Quest map Fear Plains) - 400 pts
    Full set of Mage's clothing C5 ( each item Body+5) - 1000 pts
    Full set of Mage's Stuff's from map Stuff for Mage - 300 pts
    Full set of Mage's Stuff's from map Tenths Kingdom (blizzard, firewall) - 500 pts

Full set of Warrior's Crystal Armor (Body 78 protection from stone curse 94) - 200 pts
    Top Warrior's Armor with pike from Grands Lacs - 300 pts
    Full set of Warrior's armor from Quest Map Treblinka - 450 pts.

Traphalet when you will be choosing items from the store for your character start with potions. As if you do not have character with full characteristics of Body, Mind, Agility, and Spirit it will be very easy to kill you and take off all the quest items.
  8. Traphalet Фанат А2

Форумные баллы:

This is some awesome sauce, guys. Thanks Tangar for the credits, and thanks Lordak for the shop translation.

I started to translate the dictionary, but as for the Linux guide, I cannot help much, as I do not know the specifics of this OS and my translation would not be adequate or adapted properly.
  9. Lordark Moderator (Модератор)

Форумные баллы:

Do all of the translations here, so i might pinch in.
  10. Traphalet Фанат А2

Форумные баллы:

Ok, so I've finished translating the Dictionary, however I have some terms and phrases which I was unable to properly determine their meaning, so I need a confirmation from your side, guys. Please help me out on the following:

1. Мак - малый АК, неэльфийский свиток защиты от земли (на данный момент не действует)
    - Does this mean "A small elven scroll that provides protection from earth " OR An elven scroll that provides a small amount of protection from earth ?

2. Оак — 1. карта Order against Chaos. 2. лучший комплект вещей на мага с данной карты.
    - 1. I haven't seen this map running on this hat - certainly not with the name "Order against Chaos"
    -2. "лучший комплект вещей на мага с данной карты." - does it mean : "The best set of items for the mage, obtained in the map Four Islands" ?

3. Отдача — потеря фулла в битве.
    - Does this mean to loose a battle while having a full item set equipped?

4. Отец — игрок, обладающий хорошим игровым опытом. Обычно имеет уважение среди других игроков. В настоящее время почти перевелись, и данное выражение используется в противоположном смысле — чтобы дать понять человеку, что он все ещё нуб, просто выучивший некоторые вещи до автоматизма.
    - I am not sure I got the meaning of this word correctly, here is what I think the above phrase refers to:
    "Veteran — Reffers to a player with a good game experience. Usually this player hasthe respect of the other players. Currently the sense of this term is used sarcastically to address new players in order to make it clear to them that they are still at the beginning and still need to learn things by themselves."

5. Палка — посох.
    - Does it mean "Staff" ?

6. Подкир, подкира // Кира
    - Which of of the following refers to the Armor (eg. Crystal Plate Cuirass) and which one refers to the Body Armor (eg. Adamantium Chainmail) ?

7. Лавка // Магаз
    - Which one means 'Shop' and which one means 'Inn '?

8. Рара — карта «Rara Avis Quest» (Ужас)
    - I never saw this quest map on, is it still available? Maybe with a different name?

9. Скемпать — выйти с карты (ESC→Завершить миссию→Кэмпинг)
    - Is the meaning of this the same as 'Camp' (Кемпинг, кемп, кемпать) ?

10. Шмот — вещи персонажа
    - I have no idea what this means. The translator says that it means this: "Exodus - the things the character"

11. «В понедельник» — время, когда на сервере будет введено какое-либо обновление, нововведение.
    - So each Monday a Maintenance or an actual Update occurs ? And by update I mean new maps implemented in the hat, new balancing, new stuff etc
  11. Lordark Moderator (Модератор)

Форумные баллы:

1. Non-elven scroll that provides protection from Earth. (Does not being used on the Hat currently)
    2. Best Full set of mage's clothing from map OaK.
    3. Yes. To loose a full set of clothing/armor in a PvP.
    4. The exact translation of the word is Dad. It is not a veteran, it is a bit beyond. Not every veteran can be a Dad, but every Dad is a veteran. This is someone who can win almost every PvP battle. I think English comparison might be word Master.
    5. yes. Staff.
    6. Kира is cuirass, Подкира is what you wear underneath it. The material that it is made of does not really mater.
    7. Both of these words mean Shop. Inn is Таверна (Тavern).
    8. It might not be used on the hat currently, but that is correct name of the map.
    9. Yes. it meas camp.
    10. It's another slang word for "clothing".
    11. This is a phrase used to state that something will happen during next update or upgrade. It does not necessary mean that there will be an update next monday. Say you ask GM to put up a new map, and the answer you'll get is "On monday", meaning that map will be up during next update. If someone in game promises you something "on monday" chances are it will never happen.
  12. Traphalet Фанат А2

Форумные баллы:

All right, thanks to Lordark, it's all done.
    The html files are attached and below you can see a preview of how it looks on the website.
    The main advantage for this to be in English is that EN speaking players can easily identify stuff that's being traded in the chat, and why not to understand the basic terms used byrussian players in-game.

[IMG]

Lordark, I`ll start with the Linux guide and post here when I`m facing 'technical' difficulties.

Вложения:

• Dictionary.rar
      Размер файла:
      202,6 КБ
      Просмотров:
  13. Lordark Moderator (Модератор)

Форумные баллы:

Sure, once you done, post it here and i will proof read it and correct as needed. I'am also not a Linux expert, but the guide is quite straightforward as i quickly skim read it.
  14. Lordark Moderator (Модератор)

Форумные баллы:

After that, we can start working on "shopping guide" and "full sets" explanation from Russian section of the forum.
  15. tangar Старик-лесовик

Guys, you are doing great work! Today I'll upload new information to the website and transfer reward points.
  16. tangar Старик-лесовик

17. Traphalet Фанат А2

Форумные баллы:

Thank you, Tangar for your generous reward!

Unfortunately I've been a little busy these days, and haven`t translated anything else.

I can`t figure out the semantics on the Linux guide, and I don`t even know Linux at all. Tried today to figure out the first paragraph in the guide using the google translator, and I can`t even get close to what the author wants to say by that introduction.

This is what the translator says about the first paragraph in the guide:
    [IMG]

I`ll drop the work on this guide as I can`t do anything about it, and start on the monster guide (http://allods2.eu/ru/tutorial/articles/monsters) when the page becomes accessible, see below why:

[IMG]
  18. tangar Старик-лесовик

Yep, sometimes webpage has error, we are working at this fix atm. Try refresh it :)

Could you please translate only text in "monsters" because if you make it like web-page there are a lot of work with the replacing picture's urls. We need translation of monster's descriptopns, not parameters (I'll do it with replacement). Thanks!
  19. Traphalet Фанат А2

Форумные баллы:

Ok will do, Tangar.

But the monster section is not available since yesterday, every time I try to access it the 404 error is received.
  20. Lordark Moderator (Модератор)

Форумные баллы:

Traphalet, I'll do the Linux guide, do not worry about it. Google translate might not make much sense out of it.

Поделиться этой страницей