Game crashing to desktop

Тема в разделе 'ALLODS2.EU: General', создана пользователем lifetec, 9 июл 2015.

1. lifetec Только зарегался

I installed and played the first mission successfully and the game is running smooth at 1024x768 but when I talk to the Great Mage to end mission 1 the game crashes to desktop (likely because it's trying to play a cutscene/movie)

The same thing happens if I go to the main menu and click Cutscenes and then "intro" or "astral travel" - game crashes to desktop.

Please help me, how do I fix this? Btw I'm using newest Game Client (version 3.0)
  2. skr4 Map designer (Картостроитель)

Форумные баллы:

This client of game allods 2 is intended for game on the server (online), it was developed for the client online. If you want to play in allods 2 single game, download an original versriya of allods 2.
    http://games-history.ru/?division=game&id=488
  3. lifetec Только зарегался

Oh I see. Thanks skr4. I've now downloaded an original version of the game and I got it all to work except mouse scroll speed is way too fast :) But it's fine, I can live with that (using keyboard to move screen instead)
  4. Anotomix Administrator (Администратор)

Форумные баллы:

To reduce mouse scrolll speed, just open allods2.cfg and find there:
    Код:
    // Scrolling speed (percentage of max speed); 0% = 1 second
    // :: 0 - 100
    g_scrollspeed    100
    So, you need to reduce it's parameter for example to 97 or even to 95.
  5. Cormatt Только зарегался

Hello, I just registered today, so I'm not sure if this is the thread to post it to.. but here it comes.

I recently upgraded to Windows 10, because you know, it's one of those things you have to have. And then I remembered: there was this immensely awesome game I used to play. But now it's old and retro, oh maaan, now I'm definitely not gonna find it on the net. But wait, the power of Google would not be undone. So I found 4-5 different versions and tried them all. Some worked a bit, some didn't work at all. One or two needed a CD but didn't recognise my mounted .iso file as a valid installation disc, so RoM2 teased me by only letting me see the menu and multiplayer options. Another
    version let me past the CD crap but crashed shortly after. Another let me past it too but the picture was deformed and super tiny and infamously purple and unplayable. :wall:

So the last one I tried was your multiplayer client and it worked. I can't describe how happy I was until it closed just after finishing the first mission. Without saying a word. I almost cried :( And that's how I ended up here - having the same problem as lifetec. Next I downloaded the explicitly-russian Allods 2 skr4 mentioned and actually managed to somehow install it in spite of my fairly poor russian skills. It seems very promising and so I start it up but it's also purple and small. I actually went as far to download VirtualBox and Windows XP and 98 to get the other versions to work. It did. For a short second. But after finally figuring out how to get the RoM files and disc into the OS inside the OS it only started up once. It went as far as showing me the menu for a second and every time I tried to run it since then has resulted in a laggy black window in my VirtualBox, no matter what I do. Probably because of Windows 10, since VirtualBox doesn't 'officially' work with it. So I gotta wait to try that option. But that's a whole different story.

So I figured if I had to go through so much crap just to play single player Rage of Mages 2 (or 1, would be happy with just that too) why not just play multiplayer since it seems to actually still be there. Which brings me to my point - can anyone here help me? I mean, if you know a fix for the colour issues or a way to get past the "incorrect CD or no CD" mess I'm pretty sure I'd come to play with you guys. It's just that I want to play some single player before heading off to the wide world of multiplayer. :)

Thanks in advance guys

PS: Oh yeah, there was another way RoM didn't work: some weird MS visual c++ error. Abnormal program termination and that kind of nastiness. Googled a bit but to no avail.

PSPS: I played some multiplayer and now I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY wanna get single player to work. Please, pretty please
  6. Anotomix Administrator (Администратор)

Форумные баллы:

Install latest game client 3.0 and download and extract in game's root directory DD Wrapper utility to fix some issues with Windows 8 and higher.
    Also open properties of allods2.exe and set up same settings as seen on this screenshot:
    a2cfg.PNG
    ---
    After you complete those actions, you will be able to play game on Windows 10.
  7. Cormatt Только зарегался

Thanks for the quick reply, but am I going to be able to play single player after the DD wrapper fix? Because with your client I can play multiplayer as of right now but only the first mission in single player. The russian game skr4 linked doesn't work, just goes nonresponsive but I would really like to play single player there.

PS: I finally got it to work using VirtualBox and Windows XP as my guest OS.
  8. tangar Старик-лесовик

VB is great thing. Its also nice to capture game video with VB. Better than without it :)
  9. Cormatt Только зарегался

That's true, recording is real nice :) It's still not perfect though - mouse cursor is a bit flashy and lags behind and scrolling is way too fast (didn't find a config file to edit..). Real nightmare when it gets to shops, selling hundreds of items takes so long. Other than that this is just wonderful. :D

Поделиться этой страницей