Hard lvl PvM possible?

Тема в разделе 'ALLODS2.EU: General', создана пользователем skylike2010, 10 дек 2013.

1. skylike2010 Захожу на форум

Форумные баллы:

I'm pretty sure all admins have thought about this when you guys set it up. In this thread, I'm just wondering how admins think about the possibility of such kind of server.

I have discussed with a lot of new players including both eng and rus speaking people. All of them are expecting such server. Currently, all the frequent quest map players are pks and old players. VERY few space for the practice and grow up of newbies. So many people just come and quit soon. Everyone knows the difficulty of the start up period. Newbies struggled to get first one or 2 good sets and get the characters dressed up and then got killed. If it is too hard to overcome this kind of "bottle neck", they just quit game.

However, for experienced players especially pks, they definitely do NOT need it and maybe don't even want see its existence at all.

So from a point of view as a "new" player, I think this kind of server, even if only one exists, there would be way more players keep on playing. And this doesn't hurt the PvP core of the entire server.
  2. tangar Старик-лесовик

Hello.

There is such place - local machine) When you get good items - don't go online with it, try it first at local game.

If there would be PvM maps - all players would come there and game would be really boring (we tried it before).
  3. skylike2010 Захожу на форум

Форумные баллы:

Yeah, a lot of players will stay there. It will at least give some more space in Hard level for new players, so that they are not just scared away quickly by pks.
  4. ZZYZX Мимозукс

In fact we did try it before and it wasn't as boring as tangar says (in fact, nearly no one played there).
    The only reason for absence of hard PvM server right now is that some mysterious person has wiped the maplist I've once created entirely and replaced it with theirs, which didn't have hard PvM.

Also, just curious (although I doubt anyone would actually talk here besides the topicstarter): for who would the game be boring if there was a hard PvM server? For people that randomly roam hard and kill everything that moves? For people that are going to play there? The killers would be bored anyway (since killing newbies is no fun), and the newbies have chosen to play like that themselves and can go play at PvP servers at any random moment. I'd say we have to consider returning hard PvM at least for players that already miss out 80% of the fun in this game by not knowing Russian and therefore are most likely going to leave it in no time.
  5. skylike2010 Захожу на форум

Форумные баллы:

Damn! I have been expecting a hard PvM, and have never seen it since I first found allods2.eu's predecessor allods2.com three years ago.

I used to spend some time helping new players in PvM, but that's really boring because of the weak monsters, and we don't need play any trick to clean whole map. So I would like to help new ones in hard map and that should be quite interesting, then I actually did twice, but both times pks came and killed me. That's fucked up.

I think the only people always feel bored in hard PvM should be pure pks, especially those asshole pks.
  6. Lordark Moderator (Модератор)

Форумные баллы:

I believe it will be boring for PKs and Rats, but it would be lots of fun for newbies. I have read the same thread on Russian section, but could not understand the boring part either.
  7. skylike2010 Захожу на форум

Форумные баллы:

Yeah, it is good for noobs if such server can return, even if it is just only one. Given it would some day, the classic and earliest maps like Turtle beach and Tier may be better on list.
  8. Traphalet Фанат А2

Форумные баллы:

Actually, there are other players that don`t speak Russian and play here. The assumption that this hat will hardly go international is , in my opinion, erroneous because you know, as I do, that there were, are and most likely will be more players from other world regions.

Sure it's crappy at first for a non-russian newbie to play hard in order to get some decent gear, and loose it all over a PK , and does not have any friends in game to back him up, or provide him with compensatory equipment. But this is what I am trying to achieve in the future: to create a base of players to help all the new players that do not speak Russian.

A hard PvM server will not get boring, it`ll be full most of the time. PK`ers will have their share of fun, as leading monsters towards a group of noobies and laughing hard at the massacre resembles the feeling of being a pms'ing politician on crack who just up-voted the martial law.

But that's just my oppinion.
  9. Anotomix Administrator (Администратор)

Форумные баллы:

We decided to replace one hard server with PvM. Also we will add protection for noobs on all standard hard level servers (not quest i mean), like on easy and medium. This protection works if character never used a potion to increase his stats, then he is protected from killing by a PK. Ofc it would not protect from all, for example PK can use town guards to cast for example Poison Cloud on him (war with town group) or carry monsters on you... but at least noob will have some chance to survive... like, to take a sit in shop or inn.
    skylike2010 и sunrei нравится это.
  10. skylike2010 Захожу на форум

Форумные баллы:

There are tooooo many FILTHY and CREEPY pks, pk kills all non-ally players are understandable, but some person just intended to kill all weak ones.
  11. Anotomix Administrator (Администратор)

Форумные баллы:

Now this feature is available! Enjoy!
    skylike2010 нравится это.
  12. tangar Старик-лесовик

Maybe its good for today's casual time. More and more games go to pvm style.. Early we got enought antiPKs so PvM mode wasn't necessary. Now there are no antiPKers at all, so pvm could help new players. But I hope there would not appear any PvM quest maps %)
  13. Anotomix Administrator (Администратор)

Форумные баллы:

Never will appear :P
  14. sunrei Administrator (Администратор)

Форумные баллы:

I read about plans for creating new kind of quest maps even harder than nightmare (with 6-level mobs), where cleaning is possible only with large group players and without PK.
  15. Anotomix Administrator (Администратор)

Форумные баллы:

Yeah, there are plans on Inferno level, with "bosses".
  16. Traphalet Фанат А2

Форумные баллы:

:omg:Will it be PvM as well ?
  17. sunrei Administrator (Администратор)

Форумные баллы:

As far as I know its intented to be pure PvM
  18. Anotomix Administrator (Администратор)

Форумные баллы:

There will be no other way to survive, if players will not co-op.
  19. skylike2010 Захожу на форум

Форумные баллы:

look forward to it)))
  20. ixlavok Захожу на форум

and what happened to these inferno maps?

Поделиться этой страницей