Just some questions.

Тема в разделе 'ALLODS2.EU: General', создана пользователем Bananikus, 4 июн 2013.

1. Bananikus Только зарегался

Hi. I'm glad that this site is again available worldwide. I can't say a word in Russian, so thank you for finally proper translation of the page and news.

It's a game from my childhood (yeah, my friend just bought me this game for birthday in ordinary local computer shop) and i still like to play this game. Too bad, here is so few people speaking english. This game have huge potential and it's sad it's known almost only to Russians.

Whatever, I wanted to ask you about development of this game. I see there's topic about looking for programmers. Unfortunately, I'm not a programmer (not yet), so I can't help you but I'm just curious what's going on. Is there any active development? I saw once some project of rewrite this game in SDL. There were even screenshots of running application on Ubuntu. It's yours? And if yes, it's already been abandoned?

I see SDL libraries in game folder. How does it work? Can you use SDL with proprietary code?

And what happened to allods.homeunix.org?
  2. DrAksel Его все знают

Tell you what, fella, this playground here is mostly rulled by them wolves in sheep's underwear, or rather pimps gathering some hookers around 'em to which they pay most of the attention and allegiance. So the way it usually figures out is one of their nasty-mounth ho's dies and looses his amunition, that makes him cry out loud via skype or phone or whatever to his powerful pimp-friend, after which there's gonna be a rewind of the server in order for that one ho' to be able to reach his hand in his pocket and find his amunition as if it was never gone. So you're gonna be a little short on options there, buddy, it's either you become one of them ho's or you just doomed to have someone sticking his Stanly onto the whole from your little behind ;)
  3. Bananikus Только зарегался

What the fuck did i just read? lol.
  4. Neo Administrator (Администратор)

Форумные баллы:

Hi there.

Many russian players can speak english actually and I think more will come since we've just opened the site worldwide.
    Currently there's some development around bug fixing and enchancing ddos protection. Rewriting the game doesnt move much.
    Dunno about sdl) allods.homeunix.org is no more. It's owner doesnt wish to maintain it
  5. ZZYZX Мимозукс

SDL was meant to replace graphics output system, but it's not yet done. Probably, forgot to remove from the installer.
    About proprietary code. First, you can use SDL everywhere you want provided that you meet certain rules. Second, no one here really cares about minor license violations. For various reasons.

Поделиться этой страницей